Senior Build and Release Engineer to work with a Global Chip company, in San Jose Ca.
In this role, you will lead the Build and Release function WLAN Software Engineering. You’ll provide technical and team guidance and implementation for multi-OS, multi-platform software deliveries. Your responsibilities include Linux grid computing, embedded firmware builds, Windows driver development and MacOS software deliveries. You will have up to 5 staff from our build and release team reporting to you.
• Individual development of scripts, tools and enhancements and fixes for existing and new Python, Web and Jenkins Software Engineering infrastructure.
• Administration of data center assets such as build servers, VMs and storage related to the builds and releases.
• Administration, operation, enhancement, expansion and improvement of software engineering infrastructure including builds (Python and Jenkins), repositories (Git and SVN), plug-ins, hooks, servers, storage, databases, build infrastructure and everything else that keeps the engineering wheels on the bus.
• Direct people management of a small team of build, release and tools engineers
• Support the software engineering team and help get products built and shipped.
Must Have Skillsets
• 10+ years of software configuration management, scripting/tools/automation, software build and release experience plus a BS (MS CS preferred) or equivalent engineering degree
• 2+ years of experience with leading a team
• Must have strong perl or python scripting skills. Proven track record development large release and tools infrastructure in perl or python.
• 3+ years of experience with C/C++ Makefiles and compilers in a Linux development environment
• 4+ years’ experience of Administration of software version control, Git and/or SVN experience preferred
• 3+ years of Linux system administration experience
o NFS and automounter
o LDAP and NIS
o DNS administration
o Provisioning of storage and redundant filesystems
o Deployment of new linux distributions onto physical and virtual hardware
• 1+ years of experience with Deployment and configuration of virtual machines
• 1+ years of experience with Database administration and use
• Must have worked in and supported, large, high-performance geographically distributed software engineering teams
Type: Direct Hire
Location: San Jose, Ca
408-550-2800 x 105